Thursday, May 26, 2005

My 24 Review, and EW.com ''24'': Jack's disappearing act

Now for what you all have been waiting for, my expert commentary on the greatest show on TV, 24. I believe that Cvlngnr has now watched the episode, so I can safely discuss the final hours.

First, I have to say on a scale of 1-10, I would give it an 8. I know it's not a ten, but I can be hard to please sometime. You can ask my ex players about a certain game at Comenius a few years ago.

Second, I am so glad that they have learned to give us a happy ending, for the first time in the series. I guess some may it's not a happy ending, with Jack on the run from the stupid Chinese. I hope this doesnt affect our importing of Chinese food, for I do love their food. It makes me hungry just thinking about it. The first season, we had the death of Terri, Jack's wife. That was not a happy ending. The second season, we had the infamous handshake with President Palmer and Mandy. The third season, Jack was just left crying in the car after the long day. Finally, the season ends with the great trio of Jack, Tony, and Michelle all alive and together. The only thing that could have been better, is if Chloe was there to give her support.

Third, I'm glad that Marwan will not be back to torment us. I guess that Jack will have a scar on his hand next season that will remind us of Marwan. Jack and Palmer now have a scar on their hand in common. I was a little disappointed that the missle was shot down so easily and it would not explode unless it hit it's target. I don't think they had mentioned that before, so that was a little disappointing.

Fourth, Mandy was something else. Killing her neighbors and being able to make them walk to a car to be blown up, WOW. She must have some amazing power of persuasion. I also liked how Tony cut his foot, to leave a trail for Jack to follow. Great thinking by Tony who I thought was just a dead man walking the entire episode. I'm disappointed that the previews showed Jack facing down Mandy with Tony her prisoner, so when the car blew up, I knew it wasnt them. If I had not seen the previews, I would have believed they were really dead. I also was afraid for a second that Michelle was about to be suicidal in the car. I'm glad she didn't stoop to that course of action.

I do have to say, it was a great season and I can hardly wait til Jan to see Day 5. I can't wait to see what Jack will have to deal with that day. Long Live 24!!!

Entertainment Weekly's EW.com | TV Watch: ''24'': Jack's disappearing act

No comments: