Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dreaming of Cedar Point 2007

Maverick Opened Today!!!

PointBuzz - News

It's Memorial Day weekend, and it's the time of year that I start thinking about Amusement Parks. I know that many of you know that I can get obsessed with Cedar Point, but it's the greatest park on the planet.

It's a park that brings back many great memories for me. In 2000, I first visited Cedar Point on my honeymoon. It was in July and was the year that Millenium Force open. I remember waiting almost 2 hours to ride "M Force". It's still the greatest coaster IMO.

In 2002, I went back in the fall for their Halloweekends. It's the best time of year to go, since the weather is cool. It can be down right cold, just ask Josh Parrish who went to the park without his coat (what a loser :-) ) Parrish, Martin, and MattFord were the ones who went with me on that trip. Wicked Twister was the new coaster that year, but they were in the process of building something very special. We could see the steel reaching about 200 feet high (but did not know it would eventually reach 420feet).



In 2004, I again returned to the POINT with Nathan Wrights, Christopher Wingler, and Woodchuck. The ride that I went for was that one they were building in 02, Top Thrill Dragster. It's a pure adrenaline rush. Wingler and Woodchuck decided to not ride it during the trip, but Nathan and I conquered the ride.

In 2006, I returned to OHIO with Bradley and Parrish for his second trip. We all rode Dragster and all the other great rides. They were in the process of building a new coaster, Maverick which opens today.

I know that I have a history of going every other year, but I'm planning on breaking that tradition sometime this year. I just haven't got the trip completely planned out this year, but I hope to go back real soon.

2 comments:

MessyJessy said...

I'd like to go there...and Hershey Park too! I heart chocolate!

Scott said...

If Chad and you can get a Monday off, we could plan a trip. That would be a lot of fun.