Sunday, August 28, 2005

Football Weekend #2

I did not have much of a football this weekend. I did attend the Mt. Pleasant vs. Central Cabarrus JV game. I know some of you are asking, WHY this game. I have a nephew in 9th grade on the Mt. Pleasant team. The game was dominated by Mt Pleasant, but no team could score in regulation. The game went into overtime tied 0-0, but Mt. Pleasant won in the second overtime, 8-0. It was a pretty good game.

On Friday, I had a Lock-In at church with my youth. I was not able to attend the Brown vs. South "Ole McDonald" Rowan, but I was able to listen to the first half and Jeremy kept me inform during the second half. It seems that the Farmers hurt themselves with too many turnovers in the second half. The WONDERS won the game 21-14.

The Panthers als played on Friday night. They went to Cleveland and won 26-20. The Panthers take on my second favorite team, the Steelers on Thursday. It's also the debut of Spurrier (1989 ACC Champions Duke) with the Gamecocks. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: