Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ipod Rant



I could not believe my eyes this afternoon. I was being my dad's favorite son, and took him to Sogo's. Kristy, Mom, Dad, and I were joined at the table by another family (this is common at Sogo's, a Japanese Steakhouse). The family sat down across from us, and the man was my age (He looked familar, and I may have went to school with him).

He had just sat down, and then I noticed that he put the earbud headphones that come with your ipod in. I could not believe what I was witnessing. He was not a teenager, a child, etc, but an adult male with his ipod out at Sogo's. I was shocked and thought that was as rude as a cell phone going off in church, movies, etc. The son had to get his attention so his wife could ask him a question. It was unbelievable to me.

I know we live in an incredible age of technology, but I believe that when you are eating with people, they should be the focus of your attention. If you disagree, please let me know.



I would now include Ipod's in restaurants!!!

2 comments:

Chad Lingafelt said...

WOW 159 Podcast!!!
You've got alot of listening to do!

Scott said...

You sure have either good eyesight or a super clear computer screen.