Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day Trip

Kristy and I went up to the Boone/Blowing Rock/Parkway today. The mountains are beautiful and it always remind me of God's Creation. He has given us a beautiful earth to live on and enjoy. We are truly blessed here in North Carolina with both Mountains and Beaches in our state.



The photos on this page are from Beacon Heights. It is a site off the Blue Ridge Parkway and US 221. It is basically across the parkway from Grandfather Mountain's Swinging Bridge and tourist site.



It is not a long walk from the parking lot. It took about 15 minutes to walk to Beacon Heights. It is a beautiful spot where you feel as if you are on "top of the world" or "king of the world". When you get through hiking up the trail, you come on this flat rock at the top.



We spent almost 2 hours up on the Mountain. The weather was great. It was in the 70's with a breeze. I enjoyed listening to my Ipod and reading some of the book "Next" by Michael Crichton.



Kristy used her time to read the Harry Potter book.



The mountains are a beautiful gift for us to enjoy and see God's handiwork.



After leaving Beacon Heights, we went into the town of Blowing Rock. I had two main objectives, to get some Kilwin's Ice Cream and to find something "DUKE" for Addison, my new great niece. I was able to find something for Addison, but Kilwin's was lined up to the front door. I was not willing to wait that long and I had a Frosty from Wendy's early that day.

I would like to let those who love Mexican Restaurants to NOT eat at Tijuana's in Blowing Rock. It was the worse Mexican that I've ever eaten, and it was a few $$$ more expensive than El Amigo and Los Arcos. I guess the first warning sign should have been that we did not see one Mexican working there. The place did not give complementary chips, but wanted me to pay for them. Can You believe that!!! I got the ACP (which I love at El Amigo's) and it was not close to theirs. The rice was a bright yellow and the sauce for the chicken was not good. I do not usually complain about restaurants, but please avoid that restaurant if you are in Blowing Rock.

No comments: